Monday 22 June 2015

Ruben Loftus-Cheek: Jose Mourinho's stinging criticism was deserved and I have listened.


The young Chelsea midfielder changed the game for the Young Lions in their victory over Sweden in the European Champions on Sunday.



Loftus-Cheek impressed for England

The Chelsea youngster was rebuked by Jose Mourinho for not working hard enough in Chelsea post season game in Australia claiming the he was only interested when Chelsea had the ball.

Loftus-Cheek was part of Gareth Southgate's Under 21 side that played a vital role in the Young lions victory over Sweden on Sunday night.

His introduction helped changed the game, and he could be in line for a bigger role against the Italians on Wednesday night when a win would put England into the semi-finals.

Loftus-Cheek, 19, said ''I listened to what the manager said and I wasn't at the level I need to do better if I want to play for Chelsea''.


I just need work hard and do my best. I will listen to him and learn from him every way I can. I really want to work hard now.”

On his Chelsea future, he has vowed to fight for a first team squad place, with a loan move also an option.

He added: “I just need to have a good pre-season. I want to work really hard, but Chelsea is always hard to break into but I believe in myself and if I work hard then hopefully things will go well."

Loftus-Cheek is one of England's brightest prospects, with physique and tough to make a breakthrough.
But he said: "I don’t really let the pressure get to me. I just try to play football and enjoy it. Hopefully that will bring the best out of me.”

Do you think Loftus-Cheek can break into Chelsea first tean next season? Leave your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment