Wednesday 24 June 2015

''Chelsea can have their own Class of 92''- Nathaniel Chalobah



Chelsea midfielder Nathaniel Chalobah believes the Blues' young players can recreate Manchester United's'Class of 92' and become the next generation of great players at Stamford Bridge.

Chalobah feels that others will follow Ruben Loftus-Cheek into the first team and is not ruling out them going onto form the backbone of Jose Mourinho's team for years to come.

When asked if he had watched the Class of 92 documentary, Chalobah told reporters: "I have started it but I haven’t finished it! Yeah, definitely.… it’s a big club and United are a big club as well and if they were able to do that I don’t see why Chelsea couldn’t.

"I have seen Ruben play this season and I am honestly so proud. It is so good to see players coming through and to see the likes of Dom Solanke and Izzy Brown.

"You look at that and say ‘Wow, it is possible’. I am so chuffed for Ruben and so happy for him that he had a chance to play. Next year I hope he kicks on."

Chalobah has struggled for first-team opportunities himself at Chelsea and spent last season out on loan at Burnley and Reading.

He has impressed for the England Under-21s during the European Championships, however, and he insists he does not hold anything against Mourinho for not giving him a chance to prove himself at the Premier League champions.

"I have nothing bad to say about the manager," he added. "It is all about opportunities and I respect his decisions. He sees it out there every day and he has decided where he stands. For me it is about trying to improve as much as I can and trying to kick on.

“It can be difficult at times. You do have difficult steps along the way. I have been on loan at Burnley and didn’t play as much as I would have wanted to but I take a lot of experience out of that … you open your eyes to a lot of things.

"You learn to deal with going away and stuff like that. I can’t complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment