Tuesday 11 August 2015

Bredan Rodgers: ''The most traumatic four years of my life''.



Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he has been through “the most traumatic four years” of his life, writes James Pearce in the Liverpool Echo.

“I lost my mum. I lost my dad. I split up from the woman I loved for 23 years. I had a court case, two Old Bailey trials over six weeks with my son who was charged with sexual assault, which was an absolute disgrace.
“Yet professionally, here and at Swansea, these have been the best four years of my life. Something has to come from within. You have to put the professional and personal to each side. It’s about being happy of course, but the owners have paid me to do a job, so I will do the job.’’

Liverpool started their season with a 1-0 win at Stoke on Sunday, with Philippe Coutinho scoring late on to earn all three points and go some way to avenging the 6-1 defeat they suffered on the last day of last season.


No comments:

Post a Comment